Exhibition Dates: March 3 - 26, 2017
Artist Reception: Saturday, March 4 from 6 - 9 PM
Produced by ABK_TopArtist and The Studio Door
The Studio Door and ABK_TopArtist have partnered together to help emerging artists grow street art into fine art with a gallery exhibition opening March 4th in the heart of North Park arts district. We are looking for highly motivated artists thirsty to step up from showcasing in public spaces to exhibiting in an exclusive gallery, The Studio Door.
The Studio Door's main objective is to provide artists with a platform to feature budding talent into an exclusive gallery showcase. With the intention to build CV's, we offer artists access to professional knowledge and guidance from gallery director & the Studio Door resident artists in order to help enhance artist careers. Lastly, our mission is to put exhibiting artists in the spotlight by writing a 2-page overview of each artist in The Monthly (The Studio Door publication).
• One submission per artist.
• Artists will be featured in a two-page spread published in The Studio Door’s "THE MONTHLY."
• Artist is invited to an exclusive session of “The Gallery Ready Artist” Workshop with Patric Stillman [March 11 • 10 AM - Noon] • Opportunity to network with private art dealers, collectors and artists at the opening reception.
• Artist booths during the reception are available (additional fee applies)
• No commission fee. No curator cut.
• Artists receive 100% of the sale.
For more information, see complete prospectus below.
Nonrefundable, nontransferrable $100 entry fee (Payable after acceptance in the exhibition).
LIVING IN THE CITY • Urban Art is an exhibition of visual art running from March 3 - 26, 2017 produced by ABK_TopArtist and The Studio Door.
This concept of this event is to create an opportunity for artists who have been exhibiting in untraditional spaces, like San Diego’s bars and hotels, a month long gallery show.
Fine Art: Painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, assemblage, collage, mixed media, fiber art, artist book, ceramics, stoneware, stain glass and sculpture. Oversized jewelry that can be defined as fine art is acceptable for this show.
This exhibition does not accept small jewelry, video, film, performance art, or installations requiring an external electrical source.
Submissions must be the artist’s original work.
March 3 - 26, 2017
Artwork, including items sold, must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show.
March 4, 2017 from 6 PM - 9 PM.
Participating artists who are interested in setting up a space to paint and sell prints during the reception should contact The Studio Door. $40 booth rate.
E-mail the following materials to email@example.com
• Artist Full Name
• Phone Number
• Artwork Title
• Year Created
• Sales Price
• JPG of artwork - 300 dpi, 1,000 pixels on the longest side
• Provide a statement about how your work relates to the title of the show. Limit your response to a maximum of 1,000 character limit (including spaces).
To maximize the opportunity for San Diego artists, only one work per artist will be eligible for this exhibition.
Entries must be submitted by February 22, 2017 by 5 PM.
Participating artists will be required to pay $100 fee per accepted work by February 25. Payments may be made in person at The Studio Door during gallery hours or processed through The Studio Door’s PayPal account - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay participation fee by clicking above.
OR Pay in Person
at The Studio Door during gallery hours:
TUES - SAT Noon - 7 PM
SUN Noon - 4 PM
BEST IN SHOW
Jurors: Kamelia Kami Farokhi of ABK_TopArtist and Patric Stillman, Director of The Studio Door
BEST IN SHOW
A Juror's Award certificate will be presented to three works that express the most imaginative interpretation of the theme. One work will be designated “Best in Show.”
USE OF IMAGERY
ABK_TopArtist and The Studio Door permission to photograph selected artwork. The Studio Door reserves the right to use art images for marketing and publicity without compensation.
Regional Visual Artists
ARTWORK MAXIMUM SIZE
2-Dimensional Work: Height 8 feet, Width 4 feet - including frame
3-Dimensional Work: Sculptural and small installation work is encouraged. Works must be able to fit through an average doorway and not exceed 8’ in height. If you are unsure if your work is size acceptable, please contact The Studio Door at email@example.com.
2-D artwork must arrive 'gallery ready' and 'ready to hang' and be presented professionally. Preferably, framed artwork should be in black wood or natural wood frame. No color mats. Exception is made if frame or mat is essential to the work of art. No glass - plexi only.
HAND-DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
Artwork must be hand delivered. No shipping. Artwork will be accepted after entry fee has been paid during weekend gallery hours on Sunday, February 26, 2017 (Noon – 4 PM) or Tuesday, February 28 (Noon – 7 PM). Large works or small installations should be scheduled as to not interfere with other exhibitions.
PICK-UP OF ARTWORK
The gallery will remain open one hour after the exhibition closes on Sunday, March 26, 2017 for local artists to pick up their artwork on the weekend. Artwork may be picked up between 4 and 5 PM. Additionally, artwork may be picked up on Tuesday, March 28 during gallery hours between Noon and 7 PM.
Artwork not picked up on these dates may be subject to a late fee of $50 per day and/or discarded by The Studio Door.
SALES OF ART
100% of the sale will go back to the artist. Sales tax will be collected and paid by The Studio Door. Items sold must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show. The Studio Door will mail a check to the artist for any sold artwork no later than 30 days after the close of the show.
ABOUT THE STUDIO DOOR
In addition to regional and national exhibitions, The Studio Door is an arts incubator filling the needs of artists in Greater San Diego with instruction, art to market services, artist studios, Open Studios San Diego and 50 To Watch reception/national publication. As of January, open calls include TAVERN and PROUD coming up later this year.
IMPORTANT DATES (SUMMARY)
• 01/21/17 Call for Artists – Start Date
• 02/22/17 5:00 PM PST • Call for Artists – Closing of Call
• 02/25/17 Artists Participation Fee Deadline
• 02/26/17 Drop Off Artwork: Noon – 4 PM
• 02/28/17 Drop Off Artwork: Noon – 7 PM
• 03/03/17 Show Opens
• 03/04/17 Saturday Night Reception 6 PM – 9 PM
• 03/26/17 Show Closes
• 03/26/17 Pick Up Artwork: 4 PM - 5 PM
• 03/28/17 Pick Up Artwork: Noon – 7 PM
• 04/28/17 Artist Commission Checks Deadline
If you would like to support this exhibition with a donation, or fund an award, please contact The Studio Door. Please help get the word out about the show by encouraging your fellow artists to enter.
Visit THE STUDIO DOOR online
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thestudiodoor
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/The_Studio_Door
• Twitter: https://www.instagram.com/thestudiodoor
• Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thestudiodoor
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/thestudiodoorvideos
Visit ABK_TopArtist online
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abk_topartists/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Artbykami-887953207904893/
WAIVER AND RELEASE
THE STUDIO DOOR ARTIST WAIVER AND RELEASE
Upon submission of application, Artist acknowledges and agrees that his or her submission of an entry or entries to exhibitions at The Studio Door shall be deemed agreement by the Artist to the terms and conditions in this Call For Entry.
The Studio Door shall endeavor to ensure the safekeeping of all entries while on display. However, the Artist acknowledges and agrees that he or she assumes all risk of the display of his or her artwork at The Studio Door. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by the Artist, the Artist hereby releases The Studio Door, and shall defend, protect, indemnify, and hold harmless The Studio Door, ABK_TopArtist, their respective members, employees, agents, and authorized representatives from and against any claims, demands, losses, damages, expenses, injuries, liabilities, and cause of action arising from or in connection with exhibition. The Artist expressly waives any claims or cause of action that he or she has or may have in the future against The Studio Door, ABK_TopArtist, and their respective successors or assigns arising from or in connection with art exhibitions. The Artist is responsible for maintaining insurance, if desired, for his or her images/artwork, and acknowledges and agrees that insurance is not required to be provided by The Studio Door or ABK_TopArtist.
• THE STUDIO DOOR and ABK_TopArtist reserve the right to refuse work that significantly differs from the image submitted by the artist or which is deemed inappropriate for display.
• THE STUDIO DOOR and ABK_TopArtist reserve the right to create or use digital images of all submitted artwork and to use those images for THE STUDIO DOOR exhibition publicity and for archival and historical purposes.
• THE STUDIO DOOR and ABK_TopArtist reserve the right to opt artists in to use e-mail addresses for correspondence related to THE STUDIO DOOR activities and artist opportunities, unless informed by the artist to opt out.
By submitting to this call for submission, the Artist hereby agrees to the above waiver and release and shall comply with all terms and conditions of this Call for Entry.