Fill out and submit this form along with 5 images (or links to your artwork) to The Studio Door by e-mail to ForAllWeKnow@thestudiodoor.com by 5 PM on February 15, 2018.
You will get a confirmation reply within one business day. If you do not hear from The Studio Door, please contact us again to confirm your application has been received.
Artists will be notified of final selection by February 20, 2018.
Art student or emerging artist. Applicant must be an individual, not an ensemble or groups. Visual artist practicing in fine art in any form is eligible to apply. Applicant must reside in the greater San Diego region. Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
For the purposes of The Business of Art, an emerging artist is an artist that has mastered the basic techniques in visual arts, is attempting to launch a professional career in the arts, and/or is taking their established career in a new direction. Artists who have established agent or gallery representation are not considered ’emerging’ and are not eligible for the Business of Art.
• Artist has established a modest independent body of work
• Artist’s work indicates consistency, the components of the work are carried out to the fullest extent, and the artwork elevates itself in some manner
• Artist must be able to demonstrate a serious professional commitment by indicating some specialized training, participation in group shows, award recognition, and/or other demonstration
• Artist must have reliable transportation to attend mentorship and participate in opportunities provided through The Business of Art scholarship
THE STUDIO DOOR
• Review and if necessary, help to create or revise artist bio, statement, and CV
• Review current marketing strategy (website, business cards, etc) to determine needs for art festival
• Along with other partners, review how to have a successful art walk (booth set up, sales tips, etc)
• Discuss how to navigate various press opportunities
• Assist with selection of artwork for Mission Federal ArtWalk
• Be on hand for encouragement during reception and any press engagements
• Artist Feature in April edition of THE MONTHLY
• Pre-event social media engagement
• Assist with booth presentation
• Be on hand during weekend to help maintain energy for a successful festival
Post Event Mentoring
• Guide them through the creation of a 12 month action plan based upon personal goals
• An hour per month for mentoring on general questions or assistance on opportunities related to their plan
• Quarterly review to help them maintain momentum in achieving their plan
• Enter The Studio Door juried exhibitions at no cost for 2018
MISSION FEDERAL ARTWALK
• Create publicity opportunities
• Provide 10″ x 10″ exhibition tent for festival
• Provide display walls for tent during festival
• Invitation to pre-ArtWalk reception
• Invitation to participate in morning news segments to show artwork, as opportunities are available
• Provide guidance/suggestions as requested by artist
SAN DIEGO VISUAL ARTS NETWORK
• Provide ad on the homepage of SDVAN website in the Featured Events sidebar
• Live links to the artist’s website from SDVAN website
• Provide listing in the events calendar, which resides on multiple sites
• Notice of event will appear in monthly messages which reaches an audience of thousands
• Featured in RAW gossip column
• Featured in SD View Art Now app
Born in 1962 in Minnesota, Patric Stillman is a visual artist that explores the human condition through light, color and texture. He considers the 2004 creation of the internationally successful Brotherhood Tarot as the start of his professional career as an artist. In 2014, he established The Studio Door, a North Park art gallery with artists studios in San Diego. A year later, his work was exhibited at Musée du Louvre – Paris, SCOPE Miami Beach, and across Southern California. He was commissioned to paint a life-size cow sculpture by Got Milk? for Milk Loves Art, their 2016 charity program for Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, which can be currently seen in Newport Beach. He was been named Mentor of the Year for his work at The Studio Door in the April/May 2016 issue of Professional Artist magazine. Look for his professional development ‘Art-to-Market Moment’ video series beginning in January 2018 in Escondido and San Diego on social media and The Studio Door’s website.